These terms and conditions give you important information about receiving driving tuition from Chris Richards ADI -Driving School.
• The Driving Instructor shall provide you with driving tuition at the rate per hour as agreed prior to commencement of lessons. The Current prices for driving tuition can be found at prices-of-driving-lessons-courses. This allows you to make an informed decision of which method of payment is best for you (e.g. Pay as you go or Block bookings).
• In the event of mechanical breakdown of the tuition vehicle, or for any other reasonable reason, the Driving Instructor reserves the right to rearrange a driving lesson to a time convenient to both you and the Instructor. If your instructor cancels a lesson within 48 hours and without a reasonably reason then your Instructor will add a free hour of driving tuition to the end of your current booking. This must be confirmed with your driving instructor at the time of cancellation and has no monetary value.
• Lessons will be for a minimum of 1 hour in duration, if for any reason the instructor is running late he/she will make a concerted effort to inform the pupil of his estimated time of arrival. Should the delay be greater than 15 minutes this time will be adjusted either by holding to credit or extending the next suitable lesson, this will be made at the instructors own discretion.
• All fees include relevant insurance cover whilst driving the Tuition vehicle, (provided the pupil holds a valid license to drive and is of the correct age to drive.). And is accompanied by, or under the direction of a DVSA driving Instructor or on a Driving Test with an approved DVSA Examiner(s).
• If in the view of the Instructor, the pupil is unfit to carry out the lesson safely, due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol or Drugs) a cancellation charge will apply.
• The Driving Instructor will always abide by the voluntary ‘Driving Instructors Code of Conduct’ (introduced by the Driving Standards Agency).
• The training car is a NO Smoking area.
- To take on-road lessons, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required licence to drive under the tuition of an Instructor. To have driving lessons in a motor vehicle, you must be at least 17 years old (but if you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance, you can drive at 16.) and hold a valid provisional driving licence. You will be required to show your Driving Licence to your Instructor at the start of you first lesson and have “shared your entitlement to drive” with you instructor before you first lesson.
- You also will be required to read a number plate.(The distance requirement for the eyesight test using old style number plates is 20.5 metres or 20 metres if the new-style number plate is used.) This is YOUR responsibility. If you are unsure we recommend having a professional eyesight test.
- YOU MUST pay for each lesson in advance or at the start of a lesson. Payment for the current or next lesson should be made direct to your instructor. We accept payment by Cash, Cheque (supported by a cheque guarantee card) or Online (surcharge may apply).
- YOU MUST give the Instructor at least 48 hours notice if you wish to cancel or change a driving lesson, otherwise you will still be liable for the lesson fee in respect of that lesson. The only exception to this is on medical grounds where an applicable supporting document must be made available (e.g. doctors note) or other reasonable reason (with certified proof).
- YOU MUST give the Instructor at least one weeks notice if you wish to cancel or change a driving course, otherwise you will still be liable for the full course fee for the time you have booked. The only exception to this is on medical grounds where an applicable supporting document must be made available (e.g. doctors note) or other reasonable reason (with certified proof).
- If your driving instructor needs to cancel your driving lesson, 48 hours notice will be given. In the event of a cancellation inside this time, you will be given a free hour at the end of your paid lessons unless its unsafe for the instructor to conduct the lessons due to medical grounds or safety concerns. This hour will not have any monetary value.
The Driving Test
• Chris Richards ADI reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle, if in the Instructors opinion; the pupil does not reach the required standard or is a danger to the public, all reasonable effort will be made to ensure the candidate will be informed before the last date to cancel the test so as not to lose their test fee. The school cannot be held responsible for Test Appointments being postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency and our normal charges will apply. Furthermore we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs etc. during the Practical test. All bulbs/lights etc. will be checked at the start of the lesson, with the candidate.
Your Practical test
• Test Fees are not included in the price of driving tuition.
• On your Driving Test you must ensure that you bring with you your Theory Test Pass Certificate and Your valid UK or Northern Ireland Driving Licence (This must be either a new style photo card licence or an old style paper licence with a valid passport.
• Chris Richards ADI accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle. However all efforts will be made to keep any lost property and return them on the next lesson or they can be collected at the end of the day from the Instructors home or place of work.
• All pupils should ensure that Mobile Phones are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons. Please also not our Instructor’s will not use a mobile phone whilst the vehicle is moving on a driving lesson. If you need to contact the occupants in an emergency then keep calling and when safe the car will be stopped and the mobile answered.
Satisfaction Guarantee Terms and Conditions
please read the additional terms for our satisfaction guarantee here
Guaranteed Pass Course Terms and Condition
- YOU MUST complete all driving tuition arranged at the times agreed. If you cancel then you will lose your guarantee.
- YOU MUST arrive and complete the DVSA practical driving test. If you fail to turn up for you driving test then no further training will be given and no refunds will be due.
- YOU MUST be able to read and speak in English fluently if it is not your first language.
- YOU MUST follow any other guidance that your Instructor gives you without fail.
Please note that it is not our usual policy to give refunds. If you are pay for a course it is upto you to ensure that you are on the correct course for you ability. To help you do this we do offer an assessment lesson that is charged at a reduced rate to help you decide. If however we do agree to a refund the way we work out refunds can be foud here (http://www.chrisrichardsadi.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/refund-process/)
If you do have a complaint please email [email protected] chrisrichardsadi.co.uk or send a letter to the address at the bottom of the website.
We have a simple to follow complaints process:
- Contact you Driving Instructor to try to come to an agreement.
- if you don’t get an agreement you think is correct then you can email the customer service email and we will endeavor to investigate all emails fully and reply to your email within 10-14 working days of receiving it (not including any staff holiday time).
- If you are still not happy you can ask for another member of our staff or instructor to re-read the information and provide a verdict.
The images, logos and names on this website which identify Chris Ricahrds driving school or third parties and/or their products and services are held by Chris Richards and/or the relevant third parties.
Whilst Chris Richards has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this website, this website and the information held on it. Chris Richards can not be held liable for any inaccuracies and will accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of information contained on it, unless via law in England and Wales.
We do not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted or error free, virus or bug-free or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. If you are in doubt please contact us.
Links to other websites
Links (hypertext links) to other websites are given for your ease of use, however we do not have any contol on the content of external websites, as such we can not be held responsible for any inaccuracies or issues you may have when on an external website.terms and conditions